Venom are an English extreme metal band formed in 1979 in Newcastle upon Tyne. Coming to prominence towards the end of the new wave of British heavy metal, Venom's first two albums—Welcome to Hell (1981) and Black Metal (1982)—are considered a major influence on thrash metal and extreme metal in general. Venom's second album proved influential enough that its title was used as the name of the extreme metal subgenre of black metal. The band classic line-up trio of Cronos, Mantas and Abaddon recorded two further studio albums At War With Satan (1984) and Possessed (1985) and live album Eine Kleine Nachtmusik (1986).
Often cited by bands such as Metallica, Behemoth, Celtic Frost and Mayhem as major influences, they are one of the most revered bands of their generation. Venom are still fronted by original singer/bassist Cronos and headline festivals all over the globe and continue to release new music. In Nomine Satanas is a celebration of the bands formative years, containing twenty two of the bands most evil songs, all fully remastered to celebrate 40 hellish years!
In Nomine Satanas features in full:
4x LP and 2x 2LP
- Welcome To Hell (Remastered from original tapes on splatter vinyl. Comes with reproductions of original poster and insert with an embossed cover.)
- Black Metal (Remastered from original tapes on swirl vinyl. Comes with reproductions of original poster and insert with an embossed cover.)
- At War With Satan (Remastered from original tapes on splatter vinyl. Comes with reproduction 6-page roll fold booklet and leather book effect cover.)
- Possessed (Remastered from original tapes on splatter vinyl. Comes with reproductions of original poster, insert and sleeve on mirror board.)
- Eine Kleine Nachtmusik (Pressed on half and half vinyl. Comes with reproductions of original gatefold and inserts.)
- Bloodlust (Planchette shaped 7” picture disc single)
- Sons Of Satan (New album of previously unreleased demos. Pressed on splatter vinyl. Gatefold cover)
12” x 12” book of the story of Venom written by renowned Heavy Metal journalist Dom Lawson from new interviews with Cronos, Mantas and Abaddon. Featuring previously unseen and rare photos and memorabilia.
- 90cm x 60cm 2 sided poster of ‘Seven Dates Of Hell’ tour poster.
- Reproduction ‘Seven Dates Of Hell’ tour programme.
- Venom’s legions back patch